Short Bio: I was raised “Up North” in Merrill, Wisconsin and enjoyed all the perks of small-town life. In 1981 I married Lou and we have been blessed with two children and three grandchildren (so far).
Education and Work History: After graduating from Merrill Senior High, I attended UW-Oshkosh for two years before deciding to leave the university to pursue a career as a travel agent. After the birth of my first child I became a stay at home mom for many years. In 2001, when my children entered middle school, I started work as a part time office assistant at Immanuel and became the Office Administrator a few years later.
Favorite Books: Follow the River by James Alexander Thom, Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett, In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson. I love a good mystery or historical novel.
Favorite Movies: Overboard, Back to the Future, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Die Hard, Alien, It’s a Wonderful Life, Fiddler on the Roof, The Sixth Sense, Cast Away
Favorite TV Shows: NCIS, The Big Bang Theory, America’s Got Talent, Blue Bloods, Breaking Bad, Modern Family
Favorite Activities: Spending time with my family, camping, reading, hiking, surfing the web
Favorite Songs: The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin, Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson, The Girl from Ipanema by Antonio Carlos Jobim, You Belong to Me by Carly Simon, Diary by Bread, Michelle by The Beatles
Favorite Musicians: Led Zeppelin, Carly Simon, Beatles, Bob Dylan, Seals and Crofts, The Guess Who, Jessy J, Tom Petty, Elton John, Neil Young
Favorite Sports: Packers Football, Olympic Figure Skating
Favorite Foods: Pizza, Quesadillas, Bratwurst, Ice Cream
Hobbies: Reading, Taking art classes
Personality Type: Optimistic
Influences: My parents, my husband, my church family
James Lipton’s Ten Questions:
1. What is your favorite word? Serendipity
2. What is your least favorite word? Polarization (of society)
3. What turns you on? Being in nature, in a forest or near a lake or river
4. What turns you off? Litter
5. What is your favorite curse word? I try not to curse, but when I do it rhymes with sap.
6. What sound or noise do you love? Laughter, especially my kids and grandkids laughing.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? Horns honking, loud thumping music from a passing vehicle.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Children’s book author
9. What profession would you not like to attempt? Skyscraper window washer
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome home, I’ve been waiting for you!