Short Bio: I have been teaching in Wisconsin public schools for over 30 years. I am passionate about quality education and meeting the needs of all learners. Fostering the love of Jesus Christ as the Director of Children’s Ministries at Immanuel is a blessing. Growing up as a UCC “Pastor’s Kid,” I have had firsthand experiences receiving the love and support from a church family. My goal is to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to all people God places in my life path.
Education: I have formal educational training with a BS and Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and Curriculum and Instruction. I have spent time with children in England, Scotland, Ireland, and Thailand. Learning FROM children is what I do best.
Favorite Children’s Book: 100 Dresses written by Eleanor Estes
Favorite TV Shows: The Great British Bake-Off, Masterpiece Theater, Survivor
Favorite Activities: Reading, Cooking, Laughing
Favorite Sports: Basketball, Swimming
Favorite Foods: anything my mom or sister share with me
Influences: family, colleagues, students
James Lipton’s Ten Questions:
- What is your favorite word? Cooperation
- What is your least favorite word? Hate
- What turns you on? People being kind
- What turns you off? Selfishness
- What is your favorite curse word? Ask my family…..
- What sound or noise do you love? Rain
- What sound or noise do you hate? Faucets dripping
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Social Work
- What profession would you not like to attempt? Nursing
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “I can’t wait to show you around!”