Short Bio: Howdy! My name is Chris Witt and I am the leader of the High School group called “Shine” here at Immanuel. We meet during first service on Sundays and we talk about everything. Seriously. This group is designed to be a bridge for your faith from Confirmation to adulthood. So whatever is on your mind is something we can, and probably will, address.
I have been a member of Immanuel for almost 14 years and the leader of this group since 2018. I have never felt more honored and humbled than when I was asked to take this ministry on. Since I became the leader of Shine, I have had the privilege of not only seeing faiths grow during our Sunday time together, but also during events such as the Mission Trip to Kansas City we went on during the summer of 2019.
When not at church, I love being around people. You will probably find me at a festival, concert or just anywhere people are. I am a fan of all types of music, movies and pop culture in general. If you want someone to talk sports with, I am your guy for that as well. As long as you aren’t a Packers or duke fan. (Just kidding!)
Movie: Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Alice in Wonderland (1951 version) or Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Book: Alice in Wonderland
Sports Teams: Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee Bucks, San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bears, Wisconsin Badgers, UW-M Panthers, UNC Tar Heels, Anyone playing -uke University.
Music: NSync, Justin Timberlake, Lecrae, NF, really this list could go on forever.
TV Show: Big Bang Theory, Daredevil, I’ll watch almost anything.
Lipton’s Ten Questions:
1) What is your favorite word? Dinky Dow (Vietnamese for crazy person. My dad taught me it and I passed it down to my kids.)
2) What is your least favorite word? Any that degrade or belittle someone. I was bullied a lot when I was younger.
3) What turns you on? Intelligence. Kindness. But most importantly…Sense of humor
4) What turns you off? When I get interrupted. Bullying. Hatred. Ignorance,
5) What is your favorite curse word? “Ohhhh fuuudge!”- A Christmas Story
6) What sound or noise do you love? Her voice.
7) What sound or noise do you hate? Silence
8) What profession, other than your own, would you like to attempt? Actor
9) What profession would you not like to attempt? Highway construction (God bless those that do that though)
10) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Didn’t think you would be here did you? SURPRISE!!!”